750g strong flour
25g fresh yeast (or 12.5g dry yeast)
62.5g olive oil
Topping: Garlic, chilli, rosemary, oil and flaky sea salt.
- Dissolve yeast into lukewarm water.
- Add flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Set mixer to low speed and gradually add in oil, followed by water/yeast mixture.
- Increase speed on mixer and mix until the dough clings to the paddle and pulls off the side of the bowl (approx. 5 mins). The dough will be very stretchy.
- Prepare cooking tray (45cm x 32cm) with canola oil spray and then drizzle with olive oil (very important or your bread will stick)
- Place the dough onto the tray and oil your hands. Gradually stretch the dough so that it covers the cooking tray.
- Leave to relax and prove for 40 minutes.
- Give a light massage to aerate the dough.
- Allow to relax again for 30 minutes.
- Give a medium massage to aerate the dough.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Allow to relax for a further 30 minutes.
- Give a strong massage.
- Wait a further 10 minutes and then place in the oven.
- Cook for 18 minutes. In the meantime, finely chop garlic, rosemary and chilli (no seeds) and mix in olive oil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and brush generously with oil mixture and flaky sea salt.
- Return to the oven for 7 minutes, until a crisp golden colour.
- Carefully remove from the tray and cool on a wire rack.